Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Way to Go, Ed Stafford!

Ed Stafford

Ed Stafford of Coldwell Banker Triad, Realtors was named Realtor of the Year as well as the Broker/Owner/Manager of the Year by the High Point Regional Association of Realtors (HPRAR) for 2011.

“The High Point association is filled with excellent Realtors and that is what makes it such a competitive market. It is a real honor to be recognized among them as a quality Realtor,” said Ed.

Ed, a second generation Realtor who obtained his license during his senior year at High Point College, has been listing, selling and building real estate for the past 38 years.

The Realtor of the Year award is given to honor those Realtors who have provided outstanding service to the HPRAR, the state and national associations as well as to their community. The Broker/Owner/Manager of the Year award is given to recognize one who leads by example in support and service to the association, the real estate industry and the community.

 “My parents were honest and positive people from whom I received a sense of belonging. I am fortunate to have had them model a loving, ethical life before me, which helped me develop a good attitude and work ethic. I am married to an awesome school teacher, Denise, who is beautiful, wise and feisty. I depend on my loving and supportive wife and family as well as lean on my faith in a living God who helps me each day to be a better person. As a result, I do my best to maintain a positive attitude and stay hopeful in finding a way through whatever is thrown at me each day,” said Ed.

Ed has been a member of HPRAR for 20 years, has served on its Board of Directors (‘93-‘96; 2010-‘13) as well as led the association as the President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer. Ed was awarded the Broker/Owner/Manager of the Year for HPRAR also in 2006. He has been an instructor for Code of Ethics training to new and existing Realtors (‘96-2011) and has served on committees for HPRAR such as Community Service, Finance, Equal Opportunity and Grievance, where currently he is the Chairman (2010-‘12). Ed also volunteers his time each year to teach new members during orientation and has served as a Director of the Triad Multiple Listing Service.

In addition, his Coldwell Banker Triad office in High Point raises money for the American Cancer Society as well as collects Toys for Tots in conjunction with the Marine Corp. Ed serves as an Elder at Gate City Vineyard Christian Fellowship, where he leads small groups in ministry, serves communion and occasionally preaches.  He also teaches and shares at the House of Prayer, which is a recovery ministry in High Point.

One agent said of Ed that he has “displayed and projected an attitude of optimism during this economic period which has lifted the spirits of the agents and helped them to perform. I am inspired by him.”

“I like to operate under ‘The Golden Rule’ by doing unto others as you would have them do to you. I believe by treating others fairly, it will return to you. I also try to encourage people to bring out the best in others and in turn, you will be encouraged. This is similar to what Robert Louis Stevenson said ‘Look for the best in others and give the best you have.’ I truly like the people I work with and enjoy encouraging them to overcome life’s difficulties and succeed,” Ed continued.

Contact Ed Stafford today to congratulate him for his achievements with the HPRAR in 2011. 

4 comments:

Amanda Cranfill said...

Congratulations, Ed! We are proud of you and the example of leadership you demonstrate! May God continue to bless you and your family, Amanda Cranfill

cheri said...

Congratulations, Ed! You are such an example of a good and faithful servant and an amazing role model for all...as well as one of the most postitive realtors I know! I am privileged and grateful to be an agent in your office! Cheri Hulke

Tim Leonard said...

Congratulations, Eddie...great comments and I know from the heart.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine being a REALTOR anywhere else... Ed, you are the very best and truly deserving of this award and so many others... Thanks for being our friend, advocator, cheerleader, etc. You are the Best of the Best!
McCullough