Monday, May 20, 2013

A Message of Change!

written by Jodi Tate (COO, Coldwell Banker Triad, Realtors)

Image from http://thefeistyfeline.wordpress.com/
Our Iceberg is Melting is a short fiction story by John Kotter that I highly recommend reading. It is based on a community of emperor penguins and their home, the ICEBERG. The penguins must face a potentially life threatening disaster and they begin by burying their heads under their wings and grumbling really loudly! 

The story revolves around some big obstacles and even bigger heroic acts. Some of the main characters like “the Professor,” “Buddy,” and “NoNo” must take strong roles and lead to their strengths.

Before I go any further, let me emphasize how truly grateful I am for the team I work with each day, the stable community I live in, and the Clients we have the pleasure of serving. 


I also must emphasize the importance of looking for new and possible changes that can be implemented not only to remain cutting edge but to over come challenges. This is why I am constantly reading, studying other markets, and researching how to be better and stronger.

Back to the adventure….Once the discovery is made about the ICEBERG, lots of brainstorming begins to take place. Words/phrases like: Change, Urgency, Attitude, Team Work, Missed Opportunities, Clear Communication and Success began to show up frequently in the penguins’ conversations. 

Since I don’t want to ruin the story for anyone, I will move on to the 8 steps for successful change that were implemented in our story.

1.       Create Urgency- help others see and understand the need for change
2.       Pull Together- there is power in a group guiding change
3.       Decide on Strategies-research, brainstorm, and research some more
4.       Communicate for Buy In- Spread a message that inspires others to follow
5.       Empower Others to Act- Lead by example
6.       Produce and Recognize Short Term Wins- Small successes create momentum
7.       Don’t Let Up- Courage in the face of adversity
8.       Make It Stick- Practice and repetition lead to new methods and positive change

To review the main thoughts, we must reduce complacency and never let up! We must be curious and willing to try new ways! We must get involved and empower others! We must act together! We must recognize that change is necessary and courage is a must! Finally, We must communicate our message every day-- every where!

This story has a good outcome and is fun to read. This style book delivers a message that gets people thinking and DOING. Remembering to have a grateful heart, what can you try doing differently today? 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an article he/she retains the plan of a user
in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.

Therefore that's why this piece of writing is great. Thanks!

my site; North Carolina laptop repair

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, it's my first go to see at this web page, and post is actually fruitful for me, keep up posting such content.

Also visit my web blog - charlotte nc buy computers

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.


Here is my site :: how should a research paper look

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long
comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say excellent blog!


Here is my web blog ... new business directory

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about > "A Message of Change!" < Loved it!

Look into my web-site - http://www.
directoryblogarticles.com/superb-advice-for-better-online-video-marketing-and-greater-success/13834

Anonymous said...

I used to be recommended this blog via my cousin. I am now not
certain whether this publish is written by means of him as nobody else know such special
about my trouble. You're wonderful! Thanks!

Feel free to visit my page ... Newport Beach catering

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Check out my site - white pages business search

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, it's truly a good for me to pay a visit this website, it consists of useful Information.

Feel free to surf to my web page local small business listings

Anonymous said...

Great article.

Feel free to surf to my site - NC remote computer support

Anonymous said...

What's up Dear, are you truly visiting this website on a regular basis, if so afterward you will without doubt get pleasant know-how.

Review my web page :: term paper database

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise description of the issues.
It was really informative. Your website is extremely helpful.
Thanks for sharing!

Also visit my page; essay about music

Anonymous said...

Right now it sounds like Expression Engine is the top blogging platform
out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Check out my web-site computer repair charlotte nc