Thursday, October 29, 2015

What You Need to Know about September Housing Numbers

What You Need to Know about September Housing Numbers

Home sales rebounded in September; highlights from the latest housing report from the National Association of Realtors
The housing market came back strong in September, according to the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Its monthly report on existing home sales marked the year-over-year gain as 8.8% with the seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.55 million existing homes sold.
“September home sales bounced back solidly after slowing in August,” said NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun. “[This is] is the second highest pace since February 2007. While current price growth around 6 percent is still roughly double the pace of wages, affordability has slightly improved since the spring and is helping to keep demand at a strong and sustained pace.”
Yun is optimistic despite September inventory shortages, which decreased 2.6 percent to 2.21 million existing homes available. “Despite shortages, the housing market has made great strides this year, backed by an increasing share of pent-up sellers realizing the increased equity they’ve gained from rising home prices and using it towards trading up or moving into a smaller home,” he said.
Recently, NAR President Chris Polychron testified in support of the U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance to pass the “Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2015.” According to Polychron, the bill will help to expand homeownership opportunities and includes changes to current housing policies that limit flexible and affordable financing needed by many first-time buyers. Realtors are hoping the new policy will help sustain the housing market’s upward climb into 2016.
The monthly NAR report also showed that single-family home sales are up 9.6 percent from a year ago at 4.93 million with a median home price of $223,500.
September’s housing rebound helped boost all regional existing home sales. The Northern region rose 8.6 percent to 760,000, while the South climbed 3.8 percent to an annual rate of 2.21 million in September.
September’s housing rebound means existing home sales have now increased year-over-year for 12 consecutive months.

27 comments:

Mark Lee said...

i am very happy to read this article.. thanks for giving us nice info. fantastic walk-through. i appreciate this post.

Spokane duplex

John Adam said...

Really nice blogs and sharing very useful steps know more for related issue.

cash flow property

Addison John said...

I purchased a home in disrepair in an area with rapidly increasing home prices. The original plan was not to move anytime soon but to fix it up along the way. I closed on the home January 31 2014. Although I m currently still employed there are several layoffs and my work has stagnated. I m looking to move back to my hometown in another state and seek out new opportunities in a new industry/area. At this point, I m preparing to list the home for sale and prepare to move.

The past several months I ve done several renovation projects to the house and the realtor is convinced it would be easy to sell it for approximately $160k more than original purchase price just 19 months ago. I m estimating after closing costs and repair/remodel costs are accounted for to take away ~$45k from the sale.

Since I won t be in the house a total of 2 years to automatically qualify for the 250k capital gains exclusion, I was wondering if my situation still requires payment of long term capital gains tax on the gain since I m clearly moving to another state to look for new career opportunities? If so, if I were to quit my current job and get some sort of temporary employment such as fast food worker for a week or two, would this be a more convincing case for qualification to exclude the prorated amount?

property

Emy Watson said...

What does it take to become a real estate agent?
sask farms for sale

Rosy James said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
facility management solutions

Jimmy Kerin said...

This is a brilliant writing and very pleased to find this site. I couldn’t discover to much different information on your blog. I will surely be back again to look at some other important posts that you have in future.
Removals London

Jimmy Kerin said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
Adam Milstein

Ben Jackson said...

Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention.  I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
Homes Centreville va

Amery Barry said...

Hi there, I just wanted to say thanks for this informative post, can you please allow me to post it on my blog?
Indianapolis Buy My House

Jimmy Kerin said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!real estate agent atlanta

Ben Jackson said...

Very informative site, i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles...
property management system

Amery Barry said...

Very interesting topic, can you post some further information on this subject.
n├ęgociateur immobilier

Jack Edward said...

Great ....You have beautifully presented your thought in this blog post. I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
property styling

Jr. Williams said...

Good information and great post.  I like the website, and am sure to keep returning.
homes for sale in miami

Amery Barry said...

This discussion unexpectedly takes my attention to join inside. Well, after I read all of them, it gives me new idea for my blog. thanks
homes for sale

Jimmy Kerin said...

Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
Real Estate Wealth Building

Jimmy Kerin said...

your site layout is very good
Saskatoon storage facility

Rosy James said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I really feel strongly about it and love learning more on that topic. If achievable, as you gain competence, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is highly helpful for me.
Long Island Mortgage Modifications

Jr. Williams said...

Great blog you have here - market is very slow - Hopefully things will begin picking back up
st louis property investments

Helen Miller said...

I am very happy after read your blog because it's include allot of information about the real estate and i really appreciate this blog.
sell my house quick connecticut

Jr. Williams said...

your site layout is very good
commercial lease advice

Jr. Williams said...

your site layout is very good
Homes For Sale

Jr. Williams said...

I guess there's always an easier way ...
wohnung

Jr. Williams said...

I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
sell house seattle

Jhon Marshal said...

I am undeniably thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable related information. My spouse and I are easily grateful, quite frankly the documents we needed.
selling condo pattaya

Jhon Marshal said...

I have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
Corporate Needs Training Analysis

Ronald jeffery said...

I love that idea. Great post! I like you to share your experience Visit: Urology Care India